- Agier, M. (2008). On the margins of the world: The refugee experience today. Cambridge, UK: Polity Press.
- Agier, M. (2016). Borderlands: Towards an anthropology of the cosmopolitan condition. Cambridge, UK: Polity Press.
- Bannerji, H. (2000). The dark side of the nation: Essays on multiculturalism, nationalism, and gender. Toronto, Canada: Canadian Scholars’ Press.
- Canada resettled more refugees than any other country in 2018, UN says. (2019, June 20). The Canadian Press. Retrieved from https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-resettled-most-refugees-un-1.5182621
- Canada Visa. (2020). Canada immigration processing times tool. Retrieved from https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-processing-times.html#gs.2fjral
- Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21. (2019). Canadian Multiculturalism Act, 1988. Retrieved from https://pier21.ca/research/immigration-history/canadian-multiculturalism-act-1988
- Canadian Women’s Foundation. (2018, August). Fact sheet: The gender wage gap in Canada. Retrieved from https://www.canadianwomen.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Gender-Wage-Gap-Fact-Sheet_AUGUST-2018_FINAL1.pdf
- Creese, G. (2005). Negotiating belonging: Bordered spaces and imagined communities in Vancouver, Canada. Vancouver Centre of Excellence, Research on Immigration and Integration in the Metropolis Working Paper Series, No. 05–06. Retrieved from https://web.archive.org/web/20160826045110/http://mbc.metropolis.net/assets/uploads/files/wp/2005/WP05-06.pdf
- Creese, G. (2011). The new African diaspora in Vancouver: Migration, exclusion and belonging. Toronto, Canada: University of Toronto Press, Scholarly Publishing.
- Dyck, I., & Tigar McLaren, A. (2004). Telling it like it is? Constructing accounts of settlement with immigrant and refugee women in Canada. Gender, Place and Culture: A Journal of Feminist Geography, 11(4), 513–534, doi:10.1080/0966369042000307997
- E. Fiddian-Qasmiyeh, G. Loescher, K. Long, & N. Sigona (Eds.), Oxford Handbook of Refugee and Forced Migration Studies. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press.
- First Peoples of Canada. (2007). Where did Canada’s First Peoples come from? Retrieved from https://firstpeoplesofcanada.com/fp_groups/fp_groups_origins.html
Foote, V. (1996). Refugee women and Canadian policy: Gaining ground? Canadian Woman Studies, 16(3), 65–68. Retrieved from https://cws.journals.yorku.ca/index.php/cws/article/view/12099/11182
- Francis, J. (2010). Poor housing outcomes among African refugees in metro Vancouver. Canadian Issues, (Autumn 2010), 59–63. Retrieved from
- Gorman, R. & Mojab, S. (2008). War, diaspora, learning, and women’s standpoint. In M. Hajdukowski-Ahmed, N. Khanlou, & H. Moussa (Eds.), Not Born A Refugee Woman: Contesting Identities, Rethinking Practices (pp. 135–149). New York, NY: Berghahn Books.
- Government of Canada. (2017). Gender equality: A foundation for peace. Canada’s national action plan 2017–2022 for the implementation of the UN Security Council resolutions on women, peace and security. Retrieved from https://www.international.gc.ca/world-monde/assets/pdfs/cnap-eng.pdf
- Government of Canada. (2018a, October 15). Canada’s national action plan on women, peace and security 2017-2022 – Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada – Progress report for fiscal year 2017/2018. Retrieved from https://www.international.gc.ca/world-monde/assets/pdfs/issues_development-enjeux_developpement/gender_equality-egalite_des_genres/IC-wps-fps-IC-17-22-eng.pdf
- Government of Canada. (2018b). Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada: Departmental plan, 2018–2019. Retrieved from https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/pub/dp-pm-2018-2019-eng.pdf
- Government of Canada. (2019b, December 23). Guide for community sponsors to privately sponsor refugees (IMM 2201). Retrieved from https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-sponsor-refugee-community.html
- Government of Canada. (2019c). Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada. Retrieved from https://www.rcaanc-cirnac.gc.ca/eng/1450124405592/1529106060525
- Harris, K. (2019, January 28). Online applications to sponsor family immigrants hit limit in less than 11 minutes. CBC. Retrieved from https://www.cbc.ca/ news/politics/ircc-parent-grandparent-sponsorship-filled-2019-1.4995806
- Indigenous Awareness. (2019). Course material from First Peoples: A Guide for Newcomers. Adapted for BCIT and Kwantlen University (KPU) from Indigenous Awareness Modules by Kory Wilson. Vancouver, Canada: Author. Retrieved from https://learn.bcit.ca/d2l/home/528304
- Mosher, J. & Hewitt, J. (2018). Re-Imagining Child Welfare Systems in Canada. Journal of Law and Social Policy, 1, https://digitalcommons.osgoode.yorku.ca/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?referer=https://www.google.com/&httpsredir=1&article=1294&context=jlsp
- Mouallem, O. (2018, May 13). What is Canada like for a refugee? The Guardian. Retrieved from https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/13/what-is-canada-like-for-a-refugee
- Munt, S. R. (2012). Journeys of resilience: The emotional geographies of refugee women. Gender, Place & Culture, 19(5), 555–577. doi:10.1080/0966369X.2011.610098
- Musqueam Indian Band. (2019). Our story. Retrieved from https://www.musqueam.bc.ca/our-story/who-we-are/
- Refugee Research Network. https://refugeeresearch.net/rrn_node/challenging-violence-against-women-vaw/
- Simmons, A. B. (2010). Immigration and Canada: Global and transnational perspectives. Toronto, Canada: Canadian Scholars’ Press.
- Spencer-Nimmons, N. (1994). Canada’s response to the issue of refugee women: The Women at Risk Program. Refuge: Canada’s Journal on Refugees, 14(7), 13–8. Retrieved from https://refuge.journals.yorku.ca/index.php/refuge/article/view/21843
- Tabibi, J., & Baker, L.L (2017). Exploring the intersections: immigrant and refugee women fleeing violence and experiencing homelessness in Canada. London, Ontario: Centre for Research & Education on Violence Against Women & Children. ISBN # 978-1-988412-10-8
- Willis, W. D. (2017). Canada: Canadian history from Aboriginals to modern society. The people, places and events that shaped the history of Canada and North America. Stockholm, Sweden: Lean Stone.
- Wilson, K. (2018). Pulling together: A guide for indigenization of post-secondary institutions. British Columbia, Canada: Author. Retrieved from https://ecampusontario.pressbooks.pub/indigenizationfoundations/
- Winders, J. (2000). Immigration to Vancouver: An analytical review. Research on immigration and integration in the metropolis. Vancouver, Canada: Vancouver Centre of Excellence, Working Papers Series, No. 00-14. Retrieved from https://web.archive.org/web/20160826100121/ http://mbc.metropolis.net/assets/uploads/files/wp/2000/WP00-14.pdf
- Wright, T. (2019, August 9). Growing number of newcomers, refugees ending up homeless in Canada. Studies. CBC. Retrieved from https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/homeless-newcomers-refugees-canada-studies-1.5242426
If you'd like to learn more about the impacts of systemic racism and white supremacy, we recommend the following...